- Windows® 7 Tips,
Help & Information
How can I make my computer power off when I shut
If you have checked the BIOS settings and the settings in the
Power applet in Control Panel and they all seem to be correct.
1) Open your registry editor.
2) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
3) In the right pane, double click the item named PowerOffActive.
4) In the value data box, give it a value of 1.
Note that this should cause the power to go off at shutdown, but
it only applies to the user account that's logged on when you
make the change.
To make it apply to all users, substitute the following key in
step 2) HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop.
*To help keep your computer running the way it should,
we recommend using the commercial programs shown below.
*** Repair XP Pro - (Great program)
The most comprehensive system repair tool on the market.
* KeyLogPro - Want to know what other people type on your computer when you are away?
100's of Very Good Assorted Free computer programs.
How to locate people, do a background check, search the invisible web
If you use Google AdSense™ Read this page Correct Keywords can pay you more money