www.Compu-help.us Home Page
* New - Windows® 7 Tips, Help & Information
Use Driver Roll Back to Restore Old Drivers
One very good feature included with Windows XP is driver roll back. Windows XP saves copies of old device drivers when you install a new one. If the new driver "drives" your Windows XP computer crazy, you can easily roll back to the old one. Here's how you do it:
1. Click Start and then click on Control Panel.
2. Make sure you're in Classic View and then open the System applet.
3. In the System Properties dialog box, click on the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, click on the Device Manager button.
4. In the Device Manager window, expand the device that's giving you problems.
5. Right click on the device and click the Properties command. In the device's Properties dialog box, click on the driver tab. On the driver tab, click the Roll Back Driver button.
6. You may need to restart the computer. Restart the computer if instructed to do so.
Now your device will work again using the old driver.
*To help keep your computer running the way it should,
we recommend using the commercial programs shown below.
100's of Very Good Assorted Free computer programs.
How to locate people, do a background check, search the invisible web