www.Compu-help.us Home Page
* New - Windows® 7 Tips, Help & Information
Disable the Windows XP Image Viewer
You can't even copy and paste images from the image viewer to another program! If you have another image viewer, like Corel Photopaint, ACDSee, or any other image viewer, you probably want to remove the default Windows XP Image Viewer. Here's how:
1. Click Start and then click the Run command.
2. Type cmd in the Open text box and click OK. This will open the command prompt.
3. At the command prompt, type regsvr32 /u shimgvw.d l l and press ENTER (no spaces in the filename).
4. If you want to undo this change, just open the command prompt again and type regsvr32 shimgvw.d l l and press ENTER (no spaces in the filename).
You may have to manually associate image file types to your viewer after making this change.
*To help keep your computer running the way it should,
we recommend using the commercial programs shown below.
100's of Very Good Assorted Free computer programs.
How to locate people, do a background check, search the invisible web