www.Compu-help.us Home Page
* New - Windows® 7 Tips, Help & Information
Repair the Windows XP Installation.
Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive. For more information about how to do this, please refer to your computer's documentation or contact your computer manufacturer.
Insert your Windows XP compact disc (CD) into your CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer.
When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD. (This option is available for only a few seconds) (So be fast)
When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER:
To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
(At this point (above) an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is displayed. Do not select this option.)
On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.
Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press the R key to repair Windows XP.
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.
Part 2 Same thing different instructions. From a different source.
1. From a command prompt - StartRun then type in "cmd" - without the quotes - type "sfc /scannow" - again without the quotes. You will be asked for your XP CD.
2. Full WinXP repair:
1) Start WinXP setup from DOS (Win9x boot disk) or boot from WinXP CD.
2) Setup will ask if you want to Install Windows or Repair. SELECT INSTALL.
3) Setup should find your existing WinXP system. (hopefully)
4) Select the WinXP system that was found and now select Repair.
*To help keep your computer running the way it should,
we recommend using the commercial programs shown below.
100's of Very Good Assorted Free computer programs.
How to locate people, do a background check, search the invisible web